● Among the fastest-growing economies in the world: 7.6% growth per year
● 1.3 billion consumers with increasing demand for branded food
● 4th-largest economy in terms of purchasing parity, the middle class will represent 300M inhabitants by 2025. As a result, food imports will grow significantly
● India ranks 2nd in terms of total food production globally
● By 2020, India will have 900 million people of working age, and the average age of its citizens will fall to 29. Two years later, it should pass China to become the world's most populous country.
● Attractive fiscal incentives
● GST, one of India's most significant tax reforms in decades, in place since July 1, 2017
● 100% FDI in retail marketing, including via ecommerce, of food products that are produced and / or manufactured in India
● 42 Mega food malls to be opened across the country in the next 3 to 4 years
● Single-window clearance
● Significant investments in world class ports, logistics and supply chain infrastructure
● Opportunity for investors across the food processing supply chain
● The food processing sector ranks 1st in terms of employment and number of factories in operation and 3rdin terms of output. The food processing market is expected to grow by 100% in 2020
● The industry grew by 7.1% in 2013-14, and the online food delivery industry by 150% in 2016. Moderntrade penetration is expected to grow rapidly over the next 5 years
● Major international retailers& food chains already in: Wal-Mart, Amazon, McDonald's, YUM!, Starbucks, Subway, Burger King, Worldwide & Wendy's.